- Staff specially trained in dementia care
- Nurses onsite and available 24/7
- Leadership Team onsite 7 days a week including holidays
- Medication ordering, supervision & assistance 24/7
- Coordination & transportation For medical appointments with Care Manager escort
- Onsite Physician visits available
- Personal Care, supervision, encouragement & assistance as needed 24/7
The 80th Street Residence offers unique “neighborhoods” - each made up of no more than 8-10 Residents. Every neighborhood is staffed 24 hours a day by our own Care Managers who participate in ongoing specialized dementia care training. Such training helps them develop the skills needed to help our Residents feel most comfortable while enabling them to care for and engage appropriately. Because, after all, how we care matters the most.
In addition to the personal care and supervision provided by our Care Managers, our Nurses are also always onsite and available to support our Residents and their Families. Our Nurses assist with the administration of all medications and also coordinate care with Physicians both on or offsite. For any offsite medical appointments, a Care Manager accompanies our Residents.
Our experienced Resident Manager, a licensed MSW, leads our Case Management Services. In fact, Leah Gallagher has earned the “Certificate of Expertise” in the Positive Approach to Care method founded by dementia care education specialist Teepa Snow. In addition, she collaborates with our Care Managers, Nurses, Culinary Services Department and Activities Staff to make certain that all areas of each Resident’s life are as fulfilled as possible. Families especially appreciate the manner in which she assists them and their loved one even prior to their arrival at 80th Street.
Call: (212) 717-8888
The Choice is Yours...
The Responsibility is Ours.